Premier league Web blog
just sahre information about premier league, game result, table

Hreidarsson Confirms He'd Leave Portsmouth For Rangers Or Celtic

Hermann Hreidarsson has today revealed that Glasgow gaints Rangers and Celtic were interested in a transfer window move for him last month, but any potential deal was scuppered by then-Portsmouth manager Tony Adams.

However, the Icelandic international has also confirmed that should either of the Old Firm renew their interest in taknig him North of the Border, then he would definitely be interested in a move.

"I fancied the idea of going to Rangers or Celtic," Hreidarsson told Scottish tabloid The Sunday Mail.

"I had a word with Tony (Adams) but he wanted to keep me. I can't really say how far it got and whose interest was stronger.

"But I spoke to a few people on the phone and they definitely wanted me."

The defender, whose aerial power and physical strength make him an asset in both penalty areas. and who can play all across the back-four, might well be available soon. His contract expires in the summer, and, with Portsmouth currently without a permanent manager, an offer of a new deal is at present looking unlikely.

"My contract is up this summer and I'll be free to leave," Hreidarsson added.

"If the chance came up again it's something I would consider."
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Category


Recent Comment

Followers