Premier league Web blog
just sahre information about premier league, game result, table

Eduardo Warns Arsenal Fans: 'I Have Much Work To Do'

Labels: ,
Despite featuring for his adopted country against Romania last night, the Brazilian-born Croatian is taking things steady for the moment
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger today declared that Gunners striker Eduardo Da Silva was "fit and ready to go", ahead of Arsenal's FA Cup fourth round re-match with Welsh outfit Cardiff City on Monday night.

The player came on as a substitute for Croatia last night in their 2-1 friendly victory over Romania, and set up the Croats' winner when he passed for Niko Krancjar to convert the chance.

The 25-year-old is urging caution though, asserting that it will be a little while yet before he is fully fit once more, and believes that supporters should temper their expectations a little before wildly rejoicing at his return, although he was glad to return to senior football.

"Everyone kept asking me about fear, but I’m glad they all saw that I’m not afraid of anything on the pitch and am ready to play," he told English newspaper The Times.

"Only at the moment I went on to the pitch did I feel a little twinge of nerves in the pit of my stomach, but after I got my first touch of the ball, that feeling went away.

"For the second goal, I saw Niko and passed to him. My team-mates all congratulated me, but I have much more work to do if I am to become the old Eduardo."

However, despite the amount of work that clearly lies ahead of him, the Croatian international is appearing keen to get on with things, and is confident that he will be ready soon.

"After this, I would like to play for Arsenal soon," he added.

"I feel good and I showed I’m ready."
0 comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Category


Recent Comment

Followers