Premier league Web blog
just sahre information about premier league, game result, table

Robin van Persie Confirms He Will Stay At Arsenal

Labels: ,
The Gunners' Dutch striker is perfectly happy to stay in north London for the foreseeable future.
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie has affirmed his desire to remain at the Emirates Stadium as long as he is contracted to the club. The Dutch international's current contract expires in 2011, but he is hopeful that he may ink a new one soon, according to press reports.

However, the 25-year-old is desperate for the Gunners to start winning trophies, and hinted that a lack of silverware might well be the reason he would consider an exit.

"I’m not happy just playing - I want to win things and I think that is a good thing," he told English tabloid The Sun.

"It is not my aim just to qualify for the Champions League. I want to win the Champions League and I believe we can. It is not just that I want to play in the FA Cup. I want to win it, and that is what I have always said.

"I am not a guy who gives up easily. I have a contract until 2011 and I will respect that. About my future, I can’t say much more."

The forward concluded on a positive note, asserting that the January signing of Russian playmaker Andrey Arshavin had provided a huge boost for the Gunners, and that the returns to fitness of Theo Walcott and Cesc Fabregas were also more than welcome at this stage of the season.

He said, "The signing of Arshavin is a really good one - and we have Theo coming back.

"Cesc is coming back and he is our heart-beat. He is really important for us because he controls the game, slowing it down and speeding it up."
1 comments:

good news I love van persie :D


Post a Comment

Recent Post

Category


Recent Comment

Followers